Irregular Garbanzo Beans
• A popular ingredient in Indian and Mediterranean dishes
• Can be ground into flour and used for fritters, dumplings and spicy breads
• Also known as "chickpeas," "ceci beans," "chana," "Bengal grams" and "Egyptian peas"
• These Irregular Garbanzo Beans are a great option in recipes where the beans will be ground or pureed
• Purée with olive oil, fresh garlic, tahini and lemon juice to make a quick and easy hummus spread
• Sprinkle with your favorite spices and herbs and roast for a crunchy, healthful snack
• Simmer cooked Garbanzo Beans in a sauce of tomato paste, curry spices, and chopped walnuts and serve with brown rice
Storage & handling
Store in a dry, cool place.
This version of the traditional Middle Eastern spread uses our dried Chickpeas, rather than canned, to create a creamier and more flavorful end result. The addition of baking soda prior to boiling speeds up the cooking process and helps to break down and remove the beans’ skins, while tahini, lemon juice and garlic add classic flavor.