The well being of our employees and their families
is an invaluable part of our company’s success.
Woodland Foods is a place where our employees
flourish in their careers while feeling like part of a family.
Woodland Foods takes pride in its team-driven,
productive, fulfilling work environment.
Our building offers a comfortable atmosphere,
where all doors are open, and each employee
is respected and valued equally. We also provide
services and events to encourage growth,
both personally and professionally.
COMPANY TO EMPLOYEE PROMISE
Woodland Foods recognizes that the creative and entrepreneurial spirit on which our success has been founded would not be possible without our Employees.
To honor that, we promise to:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Value our Employees and respect their unique differences
- Provide opportunities for on-going training and development
- Encourage Employees to initiate improvements, and empower them to problem solve
- Build shared trust and accountability
- Maintain an open-door policy where everyone’s voice can be heard with an open mind
- Promote a culture of recognition
- Provide clear expectations and constructive feedback
- Make time to have fun and celebrate our work!
EMPLOYEE TO COMPANY PROMISE
Woodland Foods’ success relies on our World Class Employees’ commitment to growth and quality of work.
To honor that, we ask that our Team members promise to:
- Treat others with respect and default to support
- Fully engage in opportunities to learn and grow professionally
- Embrace innovation and drive change
- Share ideas, opinions, and “better methods”
- Take great care of our assets
- Always look for ways to add value to each interaction
- Take responsibility for results
- Be a role model through honesty, integrity, and demonstrating a can-do attitude
OVER 30 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
Ask our employees what they like best about working at Woodland Foods—they’ll say, “The people!” This is the result of having cultivated the values of our family-owned business for over thirty years. The foundation of this business has been built upon a core set of values, embracing a passion for what we do, knowledge and innovation, just to name a few. It's these values, supporting the goal of successful customer partnerships, which has led to Woodland Foods' success.
Underlying this success is an employee philosophy that encourages collaboration and challenges employees to come up with new ideas and innovative solutions to problems. We empower our employees to try new solutions and not be afraid of failure—it's through trial and error that we learn what will effectively contribute to Woodland's continued success.
At Woodland Foods, we recognize that a quality team is vital to support our superior products and services. With this in mind, we are continually striving to find the most qualified and committed candidates to join our team—those with a talent and passion for what they do!
Woodland Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In a work environment that is unparalleled in the industry, employees enjoy opportunities for individual career growth. Employees are encouraged to pursue professional development and internal opportunities—there is great satisfaction when an employee has been successfully promoted into a new role within the company. This has led to a low turnover and long tenures, including 25+ years!
In addition to our commitment to the company and its employees, Woodland Foods extends that commitment to the community through local involvement:
- Cristo Rey St. Martin Corporate Work Study Program—Woodland Foods partners with this Waukegan College Prep school to provide high school students a chance to learn about the professional world.
- Local Women and Children’s Shelter—Donations are made to a local shelter providing safe housing and counseling to survivors of domestic violence.
- Toy Drives—partnering with a local charitable organization, Woodland Foods holds a toy collection drive to benefit area children during the holidays.
LIFE AT WOODLAND FOODS
While there is a company-wide focus on being an industry leader, we know how to have fun while doing it! In addition to special events like our Employee Appreciation Day and Summer Family Picnic, employees enjoy other activities that bring them together—from participating in Woodland-sponsored sports leagues or "Biggest Loser" competitions to kicking off opening day of baseball or sharing a cup of coffee with a co-worker at our monthly birthday breakfast.
Woodland Foods also encourages a healthy work-life balance, offering corporate fitness membership discounts, an Employee Assistance Program and on-site flu immunizations, blood drives and biometric testing.
Join Woodland's team of hard-working professionals who share a passion for what they do!
Woodland Foods provides a comprehensive array of employee benefits including:
- Life / AD&D
- Disability (employer paid short-term & long-term)
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match and 100% vesting
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Career Development
- Time Off – Paid Holidays and paid time off
- Corporate Fitness Membership Discounts
- Company-Sponsored Sports Teams
- Associate Regional Sales Manager, Retail (Eastern Region)
- Customer Experience Representatives
- Cycle Counter*
- IT Support Technicians
- Lead Machine Operator*
- Maintenance Mechanic*
- Material Handler/Forklift Driver*
- New Business Development Representative
- Purchasing Assistant
- Production Batch Mixer/Machine Operator*
- Production Batch Mixer/Machine Operator 2nd Shift*
- Production Line Lead 2nd Shift*
- Production Worker 2nd Shift*
- QA Administrator
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Sanitation Lead - 3rd Shift*
- Sanitation Worker - 3rd Shift*
- Senior Data Analyst
* $350 Sign-On Bonus